Follow Me on Twitter
Slideshow Image 1

Recent Posts

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tagged!

First thanks Anu for tagging me, you awakened me from my slumber.Sorry guys I knew i missed the bus last month, but now Im back!!:), and straight to the tag,

TAG-1 Days of my life

Yesterday

Your oldest memory?
Wow! my oldest memory? hmmm where does it take me. NO i don't remember the days in my mother's womb, nor the day when i spoke the first word or the day when i broke my crawl and walked.I totally forgot my infant days! So where does it take me? hmmm yes it takes me to this day when i was still a kid, pursuing my Lower.Kinder.Garden it was just few days since i joined school, and once it was a sunny afternoon at school i was crying all the time to go back home.I was sitting idle and looking at the empty corridor behind the window, was waiting for the day to end so i can run back home but the day just looked tooo long. And suddenly from nowhere Amma came! I ran to her and hugged her tight, cried lying on her shoulders and pleaded her to take me home. , and in some time we were out of that little jungle that they put me in.I was lying on her lap while the hand rickshaw guy pulled us all the way till home. With the rickshaw taking a bumpy ride around the streets of Madurai i just lied idle on her lap. She cried with me, she consoled me, and i still don't remember when i slept!

What were you doing 10 years ago?
1998. R.Vignesh. VIII 'A'. An innocent school boy who still thought that the world was a safe place to live, i was still on the verge of becoming an adolescent. GOD! life was heaven, getting up in the morning hearing mom's "archanai's", petty fights with R.Arun, riding with dad to school, eating the rotten idli's that mom makes(sorry ma:)), competeing for good ranks @ school(hmmm!), street crickets which lasted forever, watching Marmadesam and Premi, still searching for my sweetheart, loootis in the school bus, sakthimaan and sachin, struggling with maths(4 tat matter always!), riding the BSA SLR and dreaming that i will own a Hercules MTB someday, and thousand other bits'n'pieces... to put it simple 10 years ago i was Living.


Today
Your first thought today morning?

OMG!!!! it is already 6.00. i haven slept yet, so when are these monsters gonna stop snoring?, when am i gonna find a place to sleep in this zoo?when am i really gonna sleep? OMG!! look at my eyes! i look terrible, My first thought this morning uh?back-off, it is not today yet! it is still yesterday, gimme a break. I need to sleep. sleep till the sun sets over my bum :P

If you built a time capsule today what it would contain?
C'mon guys a time capsule?! Wogay Gimme some books, gimme a Macbook and a wireless lan, gimme some choclate chip cookies, gimme a Godfather dvd, gimme an ipod filled with Illayaraja, gimme the girl and gimme the moon. nothing more!

Tomorrow

This year
For all those curious Im still at bench but with a twist, taking trainings in Spring, Hibernate, Struts, JSF, Greek, Latin and Zulu.So in some time ill be into a project working day and nights, breaking the brain(hav 2 find it first!),coding,eating, sleeping.Contrary to popular belief i wish to work like crazy and that phase will start soon. watelse? the year has been one of the best already so i don have any more wishes, awaiting 2009.(hmmm jus days back it was 1986, GOD look at the rate at which time runs)

What do you see yourself doing 14 years from now?
Wat's that 14 years? so it has to be 2022.professional dreams are out of context. So on a personal front I would be 36!! kids in the neighbourhood would be calling me "Vignesh Uncle"(I hate that!).would have met her by then, i would have grown a pot belly and would definitely look uglier ;p. Watching world movies would assist in making me a preemptive frontal baldie(Anu ur happy now?:( ), GOD guys i wanna stop this now...14 years is loooong time from now, anything may happen after 14 long years? adhukkaaga?? Kaamarajar kooda dhaan theruvilakkulapadichaar? Adhukkaaga?Seri, kaamaraajar padikakave ille… so WHAT?

PS: thanks Aravind :), i just stole the kamarajar dialouge of urs, ethum copy-right problem illaye?:)


TAG-2 Wonderful Quotes

The objective of this tag is to make people write 5 wonderful quotes from the books they've read it seems! Good intentions but really tough to implement, it would take me re-read of some 100+ books and some 6+ months to complete the tag. So i modify the Tag to accomplish it within a single book. So the favourite 5 quotes from the last good book that u have read..


The book is - "Tuesdays with Morrie"

1."The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in."

2.“ . . . the big things—how we think, what we value—those you must choose yourself. You can’t let anyone--or any society—determine those for you.”

3."As you grow old, you learn more. If you stayed at twenty-two, you'd always be as ignorant as you were at twenty-two. Aging is not just decay, you know. It's growth. It's more than the negative that you're going to die, its also the positive that you understand you're going to die, and that you live a better life because of it."

4."Love wins. Love always wins."

5."Death ends a life, not a relationship."

Guys im tagging none, take it if u feel like ;).

11 comments:

Anu said...

A gal in a time capsule... would she be alive when you take it out again :D !

I havent read Tuesdays with Morrie totally yet, but will definitely get to it sometime this year...

Hopeing to see more posts from you Vignesh Uncle :P

uma kumar said...

kids in the neighbourhood would be calling me "Vignesh Uncle"(I hate that!).

ur own kids wd be calling u " appa enakku video game vangi tha etc..."
u cant hate it
ha ha

The Seeker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Seeker said...

Hey da! sorry couldnt do that tag. anyways happy that anu akka has tagged you,, and good to read your posts after a long time...
Vazthukal uncle and appa postukku :)

Vignesh said...

@Anu aunty
don miss morrie! he has a lot to teach us :)

Vignesh uncle - No comments :/ hmph.

@uma
Appa-va???? Y are u guys so happy in making me an uncle and an appa? Hmph no worries that is gonna be the truth someday!:)

@Barath
Thanks da...
//Vazthukal uncle and appa postukku :)
U too brutus?:(

Arun said...

hi da..its been long time since i thought i shd go thru ur blog
but couldn't find time...finally today i thought i would..

U remember kinder garden huh..!!!

i dont even remember that mom put u in a kinder garden school...The only days i remember is those school days when we get dropped by dad..

those days it ws gettin-up every morning, searchin for a reason to fight and fight it was a mandatory thing that we both did (i still remember the place where my half teeth was burried in the garden which got shattered during fight and u cryin to dad that u'll never fight with me again)

& u black mailin that u'll complain to mom for me bunking hindi classes...

i feel nostalgic after reading ur post...
anyways good one..

and i wanna tell u not to feel bad that people will call u uncle after 14 years ... i hv started facin it already.

Archana T said...

I liked your '10 years ago' answer.

BTW you are not offcially in the blogs i follow list.. :)

Raz said...

lol - the list u had given for ur time capsule.. rocked ;)

Raz said...

sg

Vignesh said...

@ Archana and Raz

Thanks for dropping in guys....

Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually understand what you are
talking about! Bookmarked. Please also discuss with my web
site =). We will have a link change agreement among us

My webpage - insomnia xanax withdrawal
my page - insomnia va rating

eXTReMe Tracker